This post is all about PlaylistStreams review.
As a composer who has just started releasing music, I’m always on the hunt for good Spotify promotion services.
Before releasing my first single, I didn’t know anything about music promotion. I thought I’d upload my music to Spotify and the rest would be taken care of by the platform. After all, Spotify had millions of users and I believed my track was good.
After countless conversations with other budding artists and doing a lot of research myself, I had a revelation. From getting into the algorithmic Spotify playlists to gaining quality listeners, the right promotion was vital to get your music heard.
Not knowing how to promote music, I ended up sending dozens of blogs and playlist curators my song and hoped some of them would be interested. This strategy wasn’t a complete failure, as I managed to get my song into a couple of decent playlists and blogs.
The biggest problem was that it was extremely time-consuming. I was wasting a tremendous amount of time researching playlists and blogs in my genre, collecting their e-mails, preparing tailored e-mails, waiting for the responses, and not hearing back from most of them…
I could instead spend these hours making music rather than promoting it. That’s when I started to work with Spotify promotion companies. However, I didn’t realize how many scam companies were out there at first. My experiences with some of these companies weren’t exactly great.
Today, I want to talk about my recent discovery of an amazing Spotify promotion service called PlaylistStreams. which gets me really excited.
This Playlist Streams review will try to explain how it works, its pros/cons, and features, plus answer any questions you might have.
What is PlaylistStreams?
PlaylistStreams is an organic Spotify promotion service, helping independent artists and labels get their music on active and genre-specific Spotify playlists with real listeners.
Playlist Streams uses its playlist network of 1700+ curators to gain organic streams and build a solid fan base for artists.
What sets PlaylistStreams apart from others is that it only focuses on organic promotion and has a high-quality personalized approach. It pitches your music to special curator playlists of your genre with quality listeners. This personalized and hands-on strategy helps you reach algorithmic playlists such as Discover Weekly and Release Radar.
Plus, you’re guaranteed that your music will reach the minimum amount of streams you’re promised to get for your campaign.
We’ll talk about all of the highlights, pros, and cons later in the post though, so keep reading.
How Does Playlist Streams Work?
The first thing you need to do is to choose a package based on your budget and needs. You can check out all types of packages and what they include here on their website.
After applying for a package, there is an approval process that takes between 1 and 2 days. During this process, the A&R team will review your track and decide on eligibility. This review process ensures that your music fits the genres and types of music Playlist Streams want to work with.
If your song isn’t approved, your payment won’t be processed, so you won’t lose any money.
The rejection of your song doesn’t mean that your music is bad, nor does it mean you’re a bad artist. The service aims to promote every track in the best way possible to gain the minimum number of streams you’re guaranteed, so they don’t undertake any music that they don’t believe they can handle well.
Unlike other music promotion services, Playlist Streams ensures that your money isn’t wasted on a campaign that won’t work for you. I think it’s really valuable and shows the professionalism and dedication of the company.
Once your song is approved, they begin pitching your music to genre-specific playlists through their big network of curators. You’ll probably see the results in as little as a week.
You can check the detailed statistics of your song and how it performs with the reports the service provides.
Is Playlist Streams Legit?
The biggest problem with music promotion services is that most of them are scams that will charge hundreds of dollars only to generate fake streams with bots, failing to gain you any real fans.
These scammy promotions will do more harm than good to you.
Not only do they hurt your algorithm through which real listeners can organically discover you, but also put you at risk of getting banned from Spotify.
I’ve had my share of these scam promotion services in the past, so I’ve done solid research this time to ensure that Playlist Streams isn’t one of them.
It feels awesome to finally see a promotion company that genuinely cares about your growth as an artist and is dedicated to getting the best results from every single campaign they work on.
Playlist Streams is run by a team of organic music promotions experts based in Los Angeles with 10+ years of experience in the industry, so it’s no surprise that they know what they’re doing.
The success of the campaigns and positive customer reviews also tell a lot about their quality of service.
In short, I can say with 100% confidence that Playlist Streams is legit.
Pros and Cons
- High-quality organic promotion – Playlist Streams strictly avoids the use of bots or any non-organic method to promote your music. This way, you gain real streams and fans.
- Personalized approach – Because other big promotion companies have vast networks, it’s more difficult to get quality listeners through them. They also won’t often take the time to set up a personalized campaign to gain you quality listeners of your genre. PlaylistStreams follows a quality-over-quantity approach. If you want to have sustainable and long-term growth as an artist, gaining real fans is far more important than accumulating shallow streams.
- Minimum guaranteed streams – It’s not uncommon for other services to fall short of the number of streams you were promised to get. Playlist Streams, however, guarantees that your track will get the minimum number of streams you want to gain. However, you’ll most likely exceed that number due to their effective strategies.
- Data analytics reporting – Once your campaign starts, you gain access to an interface where you can see an in-depth report of your statistics such as which playlists your song has been added to, or how many streams it gathered from which playlists.
- Excellent customer support – Another highlight is the fast, supportive, and informative customer service. You can contact the company at any time and get an answer immediately. They’ll provide you with all the details you want to know, or take care of any problem you might have.
- Approval requirement – To run a campaign with Playlist Streams, your song has to be first reviewed and approved by their A&R team. They want to ensure that the song fits the primary genres they focus on and that it’s one that they can have success with. This process takes between 24 to 48 hours. (Your payment won’t be processed if your song doesn’t get approved, so no need to worry about it.)
- Expensive for newer musicians – The cheapest package starts from $199, which may be a bit expensive for musicians just starting to release music.
Playlist Streams Pricing
PlaylistStreams has 4 types of campaigns for different types of artists and budgets. The cheapest package is the Membership option for $199 per month. The other 3 packages work on a per-campaign basis.
What I like about the Membership plan is that you can swap your song at the end of your monthly subscription if you have more than one song you want to promote. This allows you to test out different songs and see how they compare in terms of streams, saves, and royalties.
I believe the Membership plan is also great for getting to know the service better before making a greater financial commitment with campaign-based packages, though you’re guaranteed to gain the minimum streams for any package.
The key differences between different packages are as follows:
- 5K+ Minimum Guaranteed Streams
- 1-3 playlist adds
- $199 per month
- For Developing Artists
- 20K+ Minimum Guaranteed Streams
- 3-10 playlist adds
- 4-5 weeks
- $499 per campaign
- For Emerging Artists
- 50K+ Minimum Guaranteed Streams
- 8-15 playlist adds
- 4-6 weeks
- $1299 per campaign
- For Indie Artists
- 100K+ Minimum Guaranteed Streams
- 15+ playlist adds
- 4-8 weeks
- Contact PlaylistStreams for pricing
- For Established Artists / Indie Labels
Which Genres Do Playlist Streams Work With?
Playlist Streams primarily accepts Pop, Hip Hop, R&B, EDM, House, Rock, Indie Pop, and Latin Pop. If you’re not sure if your music fits these genres, you can start a campaign on this page and let them review your music.
Your payment won’t be processed if you’re song is not accepted anyway, so there is nothing to lose by trying if you want to work with them. If the song gets accepted, it means your song fits these genres, and Playlist Streams is certain that you’ll reach the minimum number of streams of your package.
It also means that your campaign has started. However, you can always get a refund if you change your mind about working with the service.
All in all, I wish there were more Spotify promotion services like Playlist Streams that are legitimate, professional, and dedicated to your growth as a musician.
With the increasing domination of the music industry by scammy promotion companies, Playlist Streams is likely to become the go-to service in the near future for both new and established artists, as well as labels.
I believe paying for a promotion service is one of the best investments you can make for your music career. Playlist Streams’ organic promotion strategies with a personalized approach to each musician make it worth every penny.